Friday, March 04, 2005

All Quiet

There's been nothing really to report, lately. Life is plugging along. I teach three days a week, grade papers, waste time on the internet, and every day blurs into the next. No new details on the Peace Corps front. I'm basically waiting for my Country Packet to arrive; it will have TONS of great tidbits to place up here. But until that happens, or until I get some kind of word from HQ, there's nothing to report.

Oh wait, I have been seized a couple times lately with sudden flashes of terror about my impending Peace Corps stint. Mostly this comes at the times when I realize I have three months until I leave. That's two months until I move out of Tallahassee for good, carting all my crap to my mama's place in West Texas. I'll follow that (hopefully) with a trip to the Seattle area to see family and friends (my sister is in Portland, two friends are in Seattle, and my dad lives in Bellingham). Then its back to West Texas, final packing, and then I'm off to Miami for staging.

When I think about it, I feel both excitement and fear. For those of you unfamiliar with the pre-training stage, this is quite normal. Yipes!

Three months and counting...

-Bri

No comments: